senior data scientist
As a senior data scientist at numo you will be tasked with working on a data science team addressing corporate business opportunities through the application of cutting-edge academic research to create products.
- Mentor and inspire junior data scientists
- Lead from example by getting your hands ‘dirty’ working with data
- Be proficient or able to quickly become proficient with a wide variety of data science domains, such as machine learning, natural language processing, time series analysis, and other types of modeling techniques
- Ability to gain the respect of and engage with academic researchers in solving data science problems
- Use your excellent coding skills to translate mathematical models into production code
- Communicate across a wide variety of settings- startup, academic and corporate
- Work closely with product managers, engineers and designers to create products
- Test hypotheses by designing and implementing experiments
- Work with extremely large sets of financial data, including setting up databases and preparing data for analysis
what is different about working at numo?
At numo, we are trying to address business opportunities from our corporate sponsor with cutting-edge academic work through a startup mentality. This means that you have to be comfortable engaging with senior corporate sponsors, academics from technical fields such as machine learning and finance, and startup engineers and designers as well as handling communication between these groups. We are also focused on the early stage of product innovation and development, which means a considerable focus on discovering and evaluating new business opportunities for product feasibility.